The Gut Microbiota for Health team is happy to present the replay of the plenary sessions from the 9th Gut Microbiota for Health Summit held in Madrid on March 7-8, 2020.
Welcome and Day 1 kickoff – Harry Sokol and Francisco Guarner
Keynote lecture: Translating microbiome science – Replacing roadblocks with roadmaps, by Colin Hill
Plenary session 1: Dietary factors shaping the gut microbiome, with Francisco Guarner as moderator.
- Fermented foods, probiotics and prebiotics in the era of microbiome science, by Kevin Whelan.
- Effect of plant-based diet on gut microbiota, by Hana Kahleova
Plenary session 2: Microbiome as orchestrator of the immune system, with Dirk Haller as moderator.
- Maternal Microbiome shaping the immune system of infant, by Kathy McCoy
- Long term consequences of early life imprinting by the gut microbiota, by Gérard Eberl
- Microbiome modulation of immune system in IBD, by Harry Sokol
Day 2 kickoff – Harry Sokol
Plenary session 3: Moving microbiome to the clinic, with Purna Kashyap as moderator.
- Serotonin and gut microbiota, by Jonathan Lynch
- Profiling the human-microbiome symbiosis; how far are we from clinical applications?, by Joël Doré
Plenary session 4: Microbiome-drug interactions, with Francisco Guarner as moderator.
- The influence of proton pump inhibitors and other commonly used drugs on the gut microbiota, by Rinse J. Weersma
- Impact of non-antibiotic drugs on the gut microbiota, by Athanasios Typas – Live video talk
Closing remarks with Harry Sokol and Francisco Guarner.
We hope you’ll enjoy this unique educational experience focused on gut microbiota science!