The beginning of 2021 is the perfect time to look back and remember the important progress made in 2020 in research on gut microbiota, probiotics, fermented foods and, in short, gut health.
Last year, we shared more than 50 articles discussing those achievements and outcomes, along with three new infographics and five video interviews with international experts recorded during the 9th Gut Microbiota for Health World Summit held in Madrid (Spain).
We also conducted two awareness campaigns in 2020. Right before the summer, we launched the #GutToKnowYou campaign, spreading the word about the importance of gut microbiota for overall health. Later on, in November, the #FermentedFoodsMonth campaign summarized the health benefits and importance of fermented foods, probiotics, and a varied diet for maintaining gut microbiota diversity.
It now gives the GMFH publishing team great pleasure to release our Gut Microbiota for Health Top 10 Most Popular and Read Articles in 2020 from the News Watch and Food 4 Gut Health sections.
- What’s the relationship between fermented food consumption, gut microbiota and health?
- A diverse diet for a diverse gut microbiota: an interview with Kevin Whelan
- What do we know about the relationship between our gut microbiota and COVID-19
- Fermented foods and gut health: what science says today?
- Getting to know your gut microbiota
- How to find the right nutrition advice for a healthy gut? Registered dietitians debunk 5 common gut health myths
- Why good nutrition helps feed your immune system
- Are increasingly popular dietary trends beneficial for optimizing gut health?
- How to eat for a diverse microbiota
- Does a plant-based diet improve gut health? An interview with Hana Kahleova
We would like to thank you all for choosing GMFH as your trusted source for science-backed gut microbiota information over the past year. We encourage you to stay with us in 2021 so you can keep up to date with the latest news in the fascinating world of the gut microbiota!
Stay safe and enjoy a happy and gut-friendly 2021!