The Fifth Gut Microbiota for Health Summit – Miami – March 5-6, 2016
The Gut Summit Fact Sheets
Fact Sheet #1: Gut microbiota composition: a new kind of biomarker?
The compositions and the changes of the gut microbial communities provide a huge potential of new biomarkers for indicating, monitoring and predicting intestinal conditions.
Fact Sheet #2: When the gut microbiota gets out of balance
The gut microbiota is an incredibly complex network of interacting microbes that plays a key role in digestion and immune defense.
Fact Sheet #3: Sneaking through barrier gaps: gut microbiota imbalance harms the liver
Gut microbial dysbiosis can also affect the liver. Diseases such as non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, alcoholic liver disease and cirrhosis are associated with a disturbed microbial balance in the intestine.
Fact Sheet #4: Gut’s helpers: What can be expected of probiotics?
Probiotics have become a blooming area of research, raising hopes for a treatment that is efficient, easily applicable and safe.
Experts video interviews, bios & pictures
Prof. Joël Doré Video interview – duration 4 min 22
The Gut Microbiota Quiz
Answer 10 questions to test your knowledge on gut microbiota!
The Gut Microbiota Infographics
Here are 2 infographics to learn more about our gut microbiota, one about gut dysbiosis and the other one about the mechanisms of action of probiotics:
The Organizing Medical Societies
– ESNM: The European Society of Neurogastroenterology & Motility
– AGA: The American Gastroenterological Association
– ECCO: The European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation
– ESPGHAN: The European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
The previous editions of the Gut Microbiota for Health World Summit
Barcelona 2015 – The Fourth Gut Microbiota for Health World Summit
Miami 2014 – The Third Gut Microbiota for Health World Summit
Madrid 2013 – The Second Gut Microbiota for Health World Summit
Evian 2012 – The First Gut Microbiota for Health World Summit
Discover more on gutmicrobiotaforhealth.com!
– Original Document: Year at a Glance: the Best of the Gut Microbiota for Health 2015
– Original Document: Gut Microbiota and Immunity 2015: A selection of content from GMFH
– Original Document: Year at a Glance: the Best of the Gut Microbiota for Health 2014
– Original Document: Gut Microbiota, Diet & Nutrition: A selection of content from the Gut Microbiota for Health Experts Exchange 2013-2014
– The Gut Microbiota for Health Summit: A Brief History – An interview of Prof. Fernando Aspiroz.