- This event has passed.
Discover the World Within: Understanding How The Human Gut Microbiota Impacts Lifelong Health
7 Nov 2016 @ 12:30 pm - 5:30 pm CET
You have the opportunity to be on the leading edge of a movement that will change how healthcare is experienced and healthcare is delivered.
Discover the World Within
Understanding How The Human Gut Microbiota Impacts Lifelong Health.
Your microbiota is the collection of microorganisms living in and on your body. Numbering in the trillions, most of these visitors reside in the gastrointestinal tract and have a massive impact on health.
Understanding the human gut microbiota represents a new and exciting opportunity to protect and enhance health. New strategies for predicting, preventing, diagnosing and treating disease are rapidly emerging. You have the opportunity to be on the leading edge of a movement that will change how health is experiences and healthcare is delivered.
Join the Canadian Digestive Health Foundation and our national experts for an afternoon of ground-breaking education sessions. Learn how food, supplements, medications, the environment and fecal microbiota transplants impact the microbiota — and overall health — at each stage of life.
- Welcoming the Human Gut Microbiota
- Establishing a Healthy Future: Microbiota in Pregnancy and Neonates
- How Antibiotic use in Babies and Toddlers can Impact Long Term Health
- Using Probiotics to Solve World Health Challenges
- How Microbiota Health Impacts Chronic Illness
- Diet, the Microbiota and Health
- FMT – Getting Beyond the Ick Factor and C.Diff Infections
- Fibre – The Ultimate Prebiotic
- Protecting our Elders – Microbiota and Nutritional Health in the Aged